What is the Manage Content Translation in SAP JAM?
SAP JAM Collaboration
You can upload a new or select an existing translated content - documents such as Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, PDF; wiki pages; blog posts; and videos - and add it to a "language bundle" using the Languages feature. Users will then automatically see the translated content for their preferred language, if available. If a language is not set, it always displays regardless of a user's language preference.
By bundling translated content together:
- an author or translator can ensure translations are up-to-date with respect to the original content.
- a user can quickly find all available translations for the content item.
- a user can still see a default or "fallback" translation, even if their preferred translation is unavailable. For example, if a bundle contains English, French, and Spanish translations, and English is set to the default, a user with any other language preference will see the English version.
Manage translations for content:
To add translations to a bundle
- When viewing content that has a set language, you can click Languages from the right side panel.
- On the Languages dialog box, click + Add to add translated content to the bundle. You can choose to upload new content or select existing content from the group.
- On the Set Language dialog box, choose a language for the content you are adding to the bundle. The languages that have already been translated for the bundle appear with the text "already selected". Select the language and then click Add.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for other content you wish to add to the bundle. When you are done, click Close.
language, manage content translation, multi language, translate, jam, words, pages , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-FED , Feed Issues , LOD-SF-JAM-LAN , Language Packs & Translation , How To