Error message "For the approval the system needs a currency conversion from XYZ to XYZ. This failed. Solution: Maintain a currency conversion or change approval threshold currency in fine tuning activity for approvals." occurs when you try to release the Customer Return with Credit Memo.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Order Work Center.
- Go to Returns View.
- Search for Customer Return ABC (where ABC stands for Customer Return you created) .
- Click on release with Credit Memo.
- You will get the error message: "For the approval the system needs a currency conversion from XYZ to XYZ. This failed. Solution: Maintain a currency conversion or change approval threshold currency in fine tuning activity for approvals." (where XYZ stands for the currency in the Customer Return).
You have maintained the threshold 0,01 EFG, in the Fine Tuning Activity 'Approval for Customer returns'. (where EFG stands for the currency).
However there is no currency conversion maintained from EFG to XYZ.
You can check the same with below steps:
- Go to General Ledger Work Center.
- Select Edit Exchange Rates in common tasks.
- You can see no conversion from EFG to XYZ is maintained.
You need to either maintain the currency conversion from EFG to XYZ or make sure that in the Activity "Approval for Customer Returns" there is no threshold values. System relies on this value to find if a document is in approval or not.
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to Overview View.
- Open the activity "Approval for Customer Returns".
- Select the option "Maintain Threshold Value".
- Add the values and save.
Customer Return, Currency Conversion, Approval for Customer Returns , KBA , AP-CRP-CR , Customer Return , How To