Unable to rehire an employee as a Contingent Worker because of application error preventing the action.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Contingent workforce
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Add New Contingent Worker
- Fill out the exact inactive employee First Name Last Name, and Date of Birth, and the other required fields.
- Click on continue and the Accept Match pop up displays.
- Choose the employment which will rehired as a Contingent Worker.
- Once all the employee data is correctly maintained, submit the rehire request.
- An application error is thrown.
The issue may have two causes:
- The username value inserted to rehire the employee already exists in the system to another active/inactive user, or;
- The username value inserted to rehire the employee is associated to a purged user from the system. The purge may have not been completely executed or correctly configured, leading the same username value to exists in the system database.
To SAP Support engineers: kindly see the internal memo to refer to the splunk logs.
To solve the issue, please proceed rehiring the employee with a different username value.
Contingent Worker rehire, username error when rehiring, error when rehiring contingent worker, Invalid username value, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CWF , Contingent Workforce , Problem