How to perform Change Reporting in Story
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- People Analytics
- Story Reports
- Login to the instance
- Navigate to Reporting
- Click on 'New' to create a Story report OR click on the three dots to the right of the existing Story report > Edit
- Create a query as per the requirement
- Ensure that the driving table is set to Current Date/Today
- Set the date filter for change table (eg. ''Job Information'') to 'Same Filter as First Table'
- Duplicate the change table (eg. ''Job Information'')
- Remove the date filter from the duplicated table and set it to 'Date Range...'
- Set 'Range Extension: Start' to '100' (to set it to 'Show All')
- Change the names of the columns as desired (eg. 'Current' and 'Previous')
- Create a Calculated Column
- Next, create DAYS_BETWEEN formula applied on the 'Effective End Date' of duplicated table and Effective Start Date of the change table
- Change the Aggregation Type of the Calculated Column to 'None'
- Create Advanced Filter
- Set the filter on Calculated Column to be equal to 1 and save.
- Now, when previewing the query, the columns from the duplicated table will show the previous value.
Note: Change Reporting cannot be applied to the Driving Table as it cannot be duplicated.
SAC, People Analytics, Story Reports, Change Reporting, Previous, Current , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-SAC-QDS , Query Designer - Filter, Calculated Column, Params , How To