- This Knowledge Base Article explains the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Guidelines for SAP Sales Cloud and SAP Service Cloud (Cloud for Customer)
- It provides the scope and timeline for an official RCA
SAP Sales Cloud
SAP Service Cloud
- Service Disruption: The core cloud service product(s) may be unavailable to multiple customers.
- Service Degradation: The core cloud service product(s) may be unavailable to a limited extent due to latency or performance degradation.
- Product/Software issues: Issue with Business processes or Features as part of the Software
Service Disruption and Service Degradation
Delivery Channel & Timeline:
- Delivery Channel: An RCA will be published to the Cloud Availability Center (CAC) and/or sent via email (only to subscribed users in CSNS)
- Timeline: The target timeline for the RCA to be published in CAC is within 2 weeks of the incident resolution.
- Only if the RCA was not found in CAC within 2 weeks of the issue resolution and the Cloud Support Outage Notification was received, please create a Medium priority incident to receive the RCA.
Recipient: Contact person IT – he/she can maintain which notifications he/she gets in CSNS. IMPORTANT: Please ensure you maintain the correct IT Contact in your SAP Business ByDesign system to get the notifications to correct contact
- If a RCA is requested for a Service Disruption or Service Degradation for which a Cloud Support Outage notification was not received, then a Medium priority incident must be created, referencing the original High or Very High Priority incident.
- Per analysis on the impact, product(s) and, CAC may/may not be updated with a service disruption/degradation and subsequently an RCA for the specific core product may/may not be initiated
- A new Medium priority incident can be created after 2 weeks (from resolution of a service disruption/degradation) has passed if an RCA was not updated in CAC. Please reference the original High or Very High incident
- While outage notifications generally are also sent for non-prod tenants, the RCA notifications are only sent for prod. outages/degradations
Please follow the steps described here:
- Create a new incident for Root Cause Analysis on the component of the original incident.
- Set priority to ’Medium’.
- Add a prefix to the subject: [RCA] + the release where the original incident occurred. For example, [RCA] 2102 for XYZ in SAP Sales Cloud
- Include the Incident ID of the original incident in the RCA incident’s description section.
- Add the reason, why Root Cause Analysis is required (optional).
Please use the attached template for the incident creation.
RCA policy, RCA, timeline, CAC, Disruption , Degradation, notification , KBA , SRD-CC-CI-CCS , Service Control Center , LOD-CRM-ADM , Administration UI , Problem