After H1 2021 release, Recruiting Users are not able to initiate Background Check.
From Recruiting Page we see the following error "Unable to initiate background check. Error occured while executing integration center process.":
When checking the Background Check Integration in Integration Center, you can see the following error: "Server url not defined for this integration"
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Recruiting
- Open any job requisition that has background check configured
- Move candidate to the status where background check is initiated
- Click take action > Background check
- Error message displayed
In order to improve system security, our engineering team is working to move objects from non-secure to secure. When an object that is part of an integration is make secure, the users will need either Admin permission to access and execute integration in integration center, or RBP specific object permission, or this new implemented permission.
If the user does not have any of the mentioned permissions, the integration will fail. Since 1H2021 release, this permission is required.
As briefly explained in the cause section, due to the ongoing security improvements in the product, some objects are made secure. In order to make the background integration run with no errors, the regular users can be granted the permission informed below.
This new permission does not grant any kind of admin or feature access. It just allows the users to perform any action that is linked to any event-based integration.
To enable this new permission to Recruiting User to initiate the Background Check. Please refer to the steps:
- Manage Permission Roles
- Select the Role Group
- Click on Permission...
- Under Administrator Permissions > Open Manage Integration Tools
- Select "Allow users to execute "Application/UI" or "Event-based" Integrations"
- Save the changes
1. Note: If after adding the permission you still get the error, go to your background integration in integration center, click to edit the integration and hit save. This action may be necessary to update the integration.
2. Note: You may also need to go to Intelligent Services and resave the Flow associated to Integration also.
Please refer to our official guide to see more details about the permissions.
Server url not defined for this integration, background, check, issue, failing, release, 2105, error, Network Error, Unable to initiate a background check, , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-RCM-BCI , Background Check , Problem