Cost center restriction is applied to the role GL_ACCOUNTANT still the restriction does not work on the App Post General Journal Entries.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to App Maintain business roles.
- Open business role GL_ACCOUNTANT.
- Apply the cost center restriction on the GL_ACCOUNTANT role.
- Go to App Post General Journal Entries.
- Simulate general ledger posting with the restricted cost center.
The App Post General Journal Entries is applied business catalog SAP_FIN_BC_GL_JE_PROC_PC. Cost center restriction do not apply in the business catalog SAP_FIN_BC_GL_JE_PROC_PC.
This is the standard behavior of system. The business catalog defines which access categories are available for maintaining and for which fields restriction values can be maintained. The business role aggregates these restrictions.
Use the App Business Catalogs to find which write/read/value help restrictions can be applied in the business catalog.
F2471, business, catalogs, post, general, journal, entry, F0718, cost, center, restriction, kostl, business, role, gl_accountant , KBA , FI-GL-GL , Basic Functions , Problem