When exporting data through CSV format using the Mass Data Maintenance tool, some data is exported to the wrong columns of the file.
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center.
- Mass Data Maintenance view.
- Enter the export selection screen of any object (e.g, Materials).
- Select the objects to be exported and click Export to CSV File.
- After downloading the file, open it using a CSV editor and check the data exported.
There are extension fields extended for the exported object which contain commas in the name/description.
This causes the CSV file generated to be inconsistent, and data will be displayed in different columns.
This scenario is also specific to each language. So if the extension field description is maintained only for language EN, for example, the issue will not happen when exporting the data while logged in other languages.
Check the extension fields for the exported object and ensure that no comma is maintained in the name or description of the field.
MDM, Mass Data Workbench , KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To