Basic guidelines for creating Event Based Integration via Intelligent Services Center (ISC) and Integration Center (IC)
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Intelligent Services Center (ISC)
- SAP SuccessFactors Integration Center (IC)
- SAP SuccessFactors ODATA
Mandatory Steps to be reviewed while creating Event Based Integration via ISC and IC
- Limit the number of events being consumed by ISC+IC to < 500** per hour, anything more than this may cause data loss / server issues. If your use case scenario can generate higher number of events than the limit mentioned here, please evaluate the Scheduled Job Process. Event Based Integration is not meant for heavy load. Scheduled jobs have much more flexibility for such cases.
- If the Event is writing to a REST Endpoint, the endpoint should ensure to process the event within 30 seconds i.e. one REST call should end within 30 seconds
- Do not configure multiple integration jobs for processing the same event, preferably not more than 2, ideally only 1. Anything more than this can cause performance issues and will ultimately lead to data loss.
- If an event has multiple records, Integration Center ( IC) should be configured to send batch records ( see screenshot below) to the REST endpoint, also the REST endpoint has to accept multiple records. So, the ideal scenario is - the entire event with multiple records have to be processed together by the REST endpoint within 30 seconds.
Disclaimer: **500 number is based on the assumption that all the guidelines mentioned above are followed, however we always recommend lesser number of events for more stable performance.
You may also refer
1) IDP SuccessFactors Integrations - Best Practices using SAP SuccessFactors APIs for Custom Integrations V1.22.pdf
2) Chapter 11 : OData API Best Practices of the Guide: SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite OData API: Developer Guide (V2)
SAP SuccessFactors Intelligent Services Center , ISC , SAP SuccessFactors Integration Center, IC, SAP SuccessFactors ODATA, Odata, Best Practices, API, Performance Issues, destination page size, REST Output
, KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , Problem