After Installed Bases as uploaded using DWB tool, you notice that there are duplicates in the system. Now you want to delete the duplicated objects.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Data Workbench work center.
- Access the Import view.
- Select the Individual Object option.
- Set operation as Insert.
- Locate and select the Installation Base object.
- Click the button to download the Comma Separated Values (.csv) template.
- Open the resulting .csv file and fill it with the relevant data.
- Back in the Data Workbench screen, click Next.
- Click Browse to select the .csv file, then click Upload.
- Proceed through the import wizard until its completion.
All unwanted items have status as 'Obsolete' which can not be deleted directly through DWB/UI.
You can delete only active items. So change the status two times because you can't change the status to active directly from obsolete. First change it to 'Blocked' and then change it to 'Active'.
Steps to delete Installed Base items:
- Export all unwanted items from system (through DWB) check the screenshot for this. "Ids will be comma separated".
- Change the status to blocked and import the file.
- After successful import, export those same and update all items with status active.
- Import the file again.
- Export the same and this time add one column 'ToBeDeleted' as last column and set the value as 'True' for all.
- Import the file and after successful import, delete all unwanted items.
Installed Bases, delete Installed Base, ToBeDeleted, Installation Base , KBA , LOD-LE-IBA-IBA , Installed Base , How To