- Internal Error: QEDFFactoryL118
- When opening some reports, Crystal Reports Viewer crash.
- When opening a report in Crystal Reports Viewer, the application crash with the error:
"Crystal Reports has encountered an unexpected error and needs to close.
We apologize for the disruption.
Please help us improve the quality of Crystal Reports by reporting this error.
The button below will generate an email for you to review and send.
[Internal Error QEDFFactoryL118]"
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports Viewer, open a report.
- The application crash with an internal error QEDFFactoryL118
- The report was designed to connect to the unsupported data source: Baan, which cause the application to crash.
- Crystal Reports Viewer does not support viewing a report based on the data sources, like: Business View, Universe,... for a list of Crystal Reports Viewer limitations, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article:
1300699 - What are the limitations of Crystal Reports Viewer?
Note: Generally the application will provide a message indicating it is not supported, but when the data source is Baan, it crash the application.
- To be able to view the report in Crystal Reports Viewer, change the report data source, to a supported data source.
- In Crystal Reports, open the report.
- Under the menu "Database", select "Set Datasource Location..."
- In "Set Datasource Location", under "Replace with", connect to the back end data source where Baan data is stored.
- Click on the button "Update" to update the report connection.
- Map the tables and fields, if required.
- Click on "Close"
- Save the report with data.
CRV, CR Viewer , KBA , BI-RA-CRV , SAP Crystal Reports Viewer , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2020