- SUM upgrade fails during the Configuration stage - phase: SHDINST_PREP
- Per SYBCTRL.OUT, the command: sybctrl set_shadow_password fails:
Error: setting password for shadow user failed.
- SAP system as well as SUM are using the atest versions of SAP Kernel, DBSL and sybctrl
- Command-line execution of "sybctrl verify_secure_store" works fine
- The password for SAPSR3SHD user satisfies the ASE password policy rules - isql connection with this user/password works fine
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver - all versions
- SUM 1.0 and 2.0 - latest SPs
SAP NetWeaver Application Server for ABAP 7.52
SUM, sybctrl, set_shadow_password, SAPSR3SHD, SHDINST_PREP, password, "shadow user", shadow, user, "enable functionality group", "quoted identifier" , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.