Difference of Planned Quantity for the same material in 2 different Production Orders.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Production Control work center.
- Go to the Production Orders view.
- Filter for All Production Orders.
- Search for ABC and DEF, open it and click on View All button (ABC and DEF represents the Production Orders IDs).
- Navigate to Products tab.
- Navigate to Input Products.
- Choose the same line item for both Production Orders.
The Planned Quantity for the same item is different in both Production Orders.
It is a system behavior.
As the input can depends on other inputs, which rely on other inputs, the system, at some point, can round out the broken amounts.
For example: If the broken value is 1081,08, at some point, the system can round, so, in one production order it can round down (1080,00) and for other production order, the system can round up (1082,00).
Also, it is possible to change the display decimals for all units that are being used:
- Go to the Business Configuration.
- Search for Quantities and Units of Measure.
- Change the decimals.
The more decimals being used, the more difficult it will be for different rounding to happen.
Decimals; Planned Quantity; Input; Material; Round; Quantity; Production Order; Item; , KBA , AP-ODP-OD , Outbound Delivery , How To