The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- When choosing lightly dotted patterns for measures in stacked barcharts, SAC selects font color (black or white) for data labels based on the color of the pattern.
- If the pattern has only few dots or is very light, the text within is still shown as dark and vice versa making it impossible to read.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021
Reproducing the Issue
- Create stacked barchart
- Choose black for pattern color
- Select a lightly dotted pattern
The text in the barchart is white and the few black dots from the pattern are also almost white
- To choose the automatic font color for stacked labels, the chart library (HighCharts) that SAC uses employs a best effort algorithm.
The standard practice for a Content Creator is to:
- Decide and ultimately specify what data label color looks best with all of the factors that are present.
This is configured in the Styling Panel using the Font > Data Label section and this setting will always take precedence over the automatic one.
- Decide what chart is most appropriate to use.
The only charts that allow the data label to appear inside of a bar are the stacked or combined stacked charts. Both of which are typically not recommended or ideal to be used with patterns.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped
SAP Analytics Cloud 1.0