You are trying to release a Price List which is either Partially Release or Not Released. Error messages 'Action failed' is triggered.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center
- Go to the Pricing view
- Navigate to the Price Lists subview
- Search for Distribution Chain Price List ABC (ABC stands for the new Price List to be released)
- Click Release button
Error messages 'Action failed' is raised
This is related to a known issue where changing the Business Configuration for price list approval can cause price lists to get stuck. The reason for this is that the price list does not submit for approval until you release it, and remains in status "approval not started". If a price list is in this status, and you descope approvals for price lists, it will remain in that status, so the next time you try to release, it will still try to submit for approval even though approvals are not scoped.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Choose Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relevant project and choose Edit Project Scoping.
- Navigate to Questions.
- Find and expand the Business Area General Business Data.
- Select the business sub-topic Sales Price and Discount Lists under business topic Product and Service Pricing.
- Select/Check the question - Do you want to set up an approval process for price and discount lists?
- Finish Scoping.
Once this is done, you will have to release the price list in question, and have it approved. At this point it should become released, and you will be able to cancel it.
Price List; Action failed; Release; Price List Approval; Business Configuration , KBA , AP-PMD-SPL , Sales Price List , Problem