You noticed that some Tickets created via email has an empty Description.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work center.
- Select the Tickets view.
- Open Ticket ID 123 (123 represents the ID of a Ticket you noticed has no Description).
- See the Description is empty.
- Go to the Interactions facet.
- You see the first interaction, the one that is copied to the description, shows an Internal Note with "[This message has no content]".
This happens due the way the e-mail is sent. On the MIME of the e-mail, the attribute "text/plain" is empty.
This is the attribute the application uses to create the Ticket Description from the E-mail. If you have content on other attributes, for example "text/html", you will have the e-mail content on the Interactions and this will work, but the description comes from the "text/plain".
Currently, this is the expected behavior. The description will only be taken from the "text/plain" and if it is empty, the description will also be.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Cloud for Customer Influence Site to submit an idea.
email ; channel ; work description ; text ; content ; mime type ; , KBA , LOD-CRM-SC-EML , Email , How To