You are trying to create a time item from time entries, and observe the error message:
Product for time entry: XXXX not determined. Check Determination Rules.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Service work center
- Go to Tickets view
- Navigate to Time Entries tab
- Select any line item
- Click on the More button and select "Create Time Item(s)"
- Click on ok in the popup window.
- Error "Product for time entry: XXXX not determined. Check Determination Rules." is raised
The Product is not maintained in the Product Determination Rules for Time entry against the Time types and just a * (asterisk) is maintained under the Product column.
If the scoping question - "Do you want to enable rule-based product determination for a Ticket from Time Recording", is enabled, the the Product needs to be maintained in the Product Determination rule table.
- Go to Administrator → Service and Social → Define Rules for Time Item Product
- Edit the Product column and maintain the Product ID(s)
- Click on Save and activate the rule
The determination rule will now work and you can successfully create time items.
time item, time entry, determination, product, item, ticket, rule , KBA , time , item , ticket , determination , product , entry , LOD-CRM-SRP-CSI , Integration of service ticket with Core systems , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , Problem