When a candidate is hired as a rehire via Onboarding, the username from the previous record will be used for logging into the system. However, when the candidate becomes an active user in the system, the username changes to a new username than that from the previous employment record.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Initiate Onboarding for the rehire candidate
- In the first rehire verification process, select the candidate to be hired as a rehire
- Complete the onboarding process as a manager
- The candidate can complete onboarding via the username from the previous employment record
- At MPH, if the Username field is enabled from BCUI then the HR/Admin is prompted to enter the new username
- (Please note that if the field user-name is not enabled in BCUI under userAccountInfo then the new username is assigned automatically in the backend)
- Move the candidate from MPH
- Two employment records would be available for the candidate in the Employee Profile
- After the candidate becomes an active user, you will observe that the active record does not have the same username as the previous employment
- Onboarding only supports rehire on new employment
- Please note that when the candidate is onboarded as a rehire in the system it is on new employment and hence a new username is generated for the new employment
- Hence, this is standard behaviour when the candidate is hired as a rehire via Onboarding
- When we hire the candidate as a rehire, initially the username is taken from the previous record to complete the onboarding process. After the candidate becomes an active user, the user should login with the new username and cannot use the previous username. This is standard behaviour when the user is rehired (On New Employment) via Onboarding.
- If you would like to ensure that the Username remains the same even after the candidate becomes an active user in the system, you may rehire the candidate on previous employment in EC.
- System does not support candidates to carry the same username from the previous record to EC when the candidate becomes an active user on New Employment. With Onboarding, the candidate can use the username from the previous records only to complete the Onboarding Process before becoming an active user.
NOTE: The enhancement to use the same username after the candidate becomes an active user when hired via onboarding is already in the roadmap for future releases.
Rehire Reference Links from Implementation Guide:
Rehire, Rehire via Onboarding, Username , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-RHM , Rehire Mechanism , Product Enhancement