When a bank statement is confirmed with allocation of a payment, if this allocation is reversed and another payment is allocated, the original payment remains present on Document ID for bank statement Item. However, you expect the system to update the bank statement line item with the new payment ID.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to Bank Statements view.
- Find the related bank statement bank statement.
- Open the bank statement in View All mode.
- Go to Transactions tab.
- Under Transaction Data, you'll see that the system has reference to a Document ID that is canceled.
- Open the corresponding payment allocation and you'll find that the amount has been re-allocated with a different payment order.
You expect the new payment order ID to be updated as Document ID in the bank statement line item, however the system still shows the previous payment order ID.
It is the designed system behavior to do not change the reference of this payment ID in the bank statement, since this is an information sent by the bank. Otherwise, in case we update the payment ID reference, the information originally provided by the bank in this bank statement would be lost.
If you aim to address this feature and want to raise a request for modifying the current definition we would ask you to submit this suggestion in detail via https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/886
Bank Statement. Payment Allocation. Payment ID. , KBA , AP-PAY-BS , Bank Statement , How To