When you create a Sales Quote as a follow-up to from a Contract (example ABC) it is impossible to add that Contract on Item level. You receive the error "The entered reference to Contract ABC already exists" while still receiving a warning "Contract reference missing. Check product items".
It is possible to add the required contract if you delete products in this Sales Quote and add them again.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work centre
- Go to the Sales Quotes view
- Open the relevant quote
- Navigate to the Contract facet/ tab
- Open Contract ABC (ABC stands for the contract ID)
- Click New.
- Change the Sales Unit field values to DEF (DEF Stand for the sales Unit value).
- Save and Open.
- Go to Product tab.
- In Edit mode open Contract Item values and choose value DEF.
- You receive an error "The entered reference to Contract ABC already exists".
- Delete one of the products, after that add the very same product to Sales Quote XYZ (XYZ stand for the Sales Quote ID).
- Go to Product tab and in Edit mode open Contract Item values and choose value DEF.
- Selected value is filled in the field successfully.
The reason why the error occurred when adding the contract ABC to the quote XYZ(as 'call-off' of the contract) is that the quote XYZ is already a follow-up quote of the same contract (as can be seen from the Contract UI facet Sales Quotes).
Please be aware that a quote can be related to a contract either as 'call-off' or as 'follow-up', but not both.
From a business point of view, the same quote with both relationships 'call-off' and 'follow-up' to the same contract is not meaningful. Therefore this is not supported in the standard, which is the reason for the error.
call-off; follow-up; reference to Contract; already exists , KBA , LOD-LE-COP , Contract Processing , Problem