In SAP Cloud for Customer, setting an org unit as a company automatically generates a corresponding business partner.
You have created your organizational structure and activated it, but noticed that for some companies, the business partner ID is the same as the org unit's ID, while for others, it is different.
SAP Cloud for Customer
For companies, the corresponding business partner ID is determined as below:
- If a business partner ID is determine under the External Identifiers tab of the org unit, then upon saving the changes, the business partner will be created with that ID.
- If there is no business partner ID specified, then the org unit ID will be taken, as long as the org unit ID's length is ≤ 10 characters.
- If the org unit ID's length is larger than 10 characters, then the business partner ID will be taken from the Internal automatic number range maintained in the General Business Partners fine-tuning activity of the Business Configuration.
The Business Partner ID cannot be changed afterwards.
The system works as designed.
To specify the business partner ID directly in the org unit, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Access the Org Structures work center view.
- Click the link in the relevant org unit's ID.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the org unit.
- Navigate to the External Identifiers tab.
- Click Add to create a new identifier.
- In the prompt, set Type as Business partner internal ID and enter the ID in the respective field.
- Click Add.
- Next, navigate to the Functions tab.
- Set the toggle of the Company function to Yes.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
KBA , LOD-LE-OM-OM , Org. Management , How To