There is an issue related to prompts/variables when executing a HANA data source in Analysis Office after an upgrade of the HANA version.
Prompts/variables are not working as expected in Analysis Office, although they work when previewing the data in HANA Studio.
Some of the symptoms are:
- The variable screen is not being displayed
- The Prompts button is disabled/greyed out
- A variable value is ignored and the default value is taken instead
- A dynamic variable value isn't updated any longer
- A variable is not input enabled anymore and did not show up anymore in a prompt
Redeploying the HANA view solves the issue.
SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office
view, calculation, calculations, views, upgrade, refreshing, workbook, prompts, prompt, report, not showing, disabled, greyed out , KBA , BI-RA-AO-XLA , Excel Addin , HAN-DB-ENG-MDS , SAP HANA Multidimensional Services MDS / InA , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.