You are trying to create a marketing campaign and notices that the system is raising error message "E-mail address invalid" for one of the accounts involved. This is because, in the account's master data, the checkbox E-Mail Invalid is marked in the Communication tab.
However, even after you unmark this box and save, this is getting marked again by an SAP technical user and you would like to understand why.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Access the Accounts work center view.
- Locate the relevant account in the object worklist and select it.
- Click the Edit button, then select Addresses
- In the new screen, right below the E-Mail field, the E-Mail Invalid box is marked.
- Unmark this box and click Save (or Save and Close).
- After some time, you notice that the box is marked again.
- Checking in the Changes tab, you can see that change was done by technical user SAP_SMTP_IN.
This is the expected behavior.
If the e-mail address in the account master data was already used in a direct e-mail campaign, but the e-mail server returned a delivery status notification (DSN) that the e-mail could not be delivered, the system will automatically check the E-Mail Invalid box in the master data.
Kindly double-check if the e-mail address is correct or use a different e-mail address to which campaign e-mails can be successfully delivered.
Create and Execute a Direct E-Mail Campaign, in SAP Help Portal.
E-Mail Invalid, Checkbox, System, SAP_SMTP_IN, Account, Master Data , KBA , AP-BP-BP , BusinessByDesign: Business Partner , SRD-CRM-MKT , Marketing , How To