The following error occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC) when you execute a copy data action:
- The data action couldn't run because the maximum number of queried facts was exceeded. This may be due to a copy step with a large number of copied facts, or an allocation step with many reference dimension members. For allocation steps, please filter the reference dimensions.
In the copy data action, you copy the calculated accounts/measures or accounts with exception aggregations.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Your copy data action can be used to copy a calculated account/measure to another non-calculated account/measure. This means SAP Analytics Cloud cannot directly select and copy the data but must first calculate the results for the calculated account/measure. If you define such a Copy Rule, the system will show a warning as in the attached "warning.png".
If the calculation query is too large or too complex, you may run into this limit and the system will raise the error.
It’s referred to as MaxResultSet and is documented for HANA here: 2770570 - Error message "The select returned more records than the limit in MaxResultRecords" / MDS Cube resultset limit.
There are multiple potential solutions. It will depend on the use case which one:
- Use filers or aggregations to keep the data scope small.
- Split the data action copy step into two separate steps (using different filters).
- If you do not necessarily need to copy the calculated measures, please get rid of the respective measures and then it will be faster and no error will appear.
- Use an Advanced Formula step instead of the copy data action in order to calculate the data for the target account/measure.
- 2770570 - Error message "The select returned more records than the limit in MaxResultRecords" / MDS Cube resultset & cell size limit
- Copy Steps with Calculations and Exception Aggregation https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_ANALYTICS_CLOUD/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/a2a84b3f955b4f6a89af0bfbf0bd8233.html
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, formula, OOM, out of memory error, dump , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL-DA , Data Actions , Problem