- Upgraded Solution Manager production system:
SAP SOLUTION MANAGER -> 7.2 SP12
FOCUSED BUILD AND INSIGHTS -> 2.0SP07
- Users are facing the ‘RFC error’ while moving charm normal change status from “To be Tested” to ‘Successfully Tested’ phase
500 Internal Server Error
Exception condition: "RFC_ERROR" triggered
- When debugging the 'RFC_ERROR' issue, identified the error is triggering in cross landscape distribution functionality (XLD)
- When changing NC status from ‘To be Tested’ to ‘Successfully Tested’ by clicking on the save button:
Class : /SALM/CL_IM_CM_XLD_PREPAREDIST
Method : CHECK_DEV_CLASSES
- As a part of XLD functionality, Solution Manager code is checking the package of the objects in the source system, during this action Solution Manager system establishes RFC connection with Dev managed system by using ‘SM_<SID>CLNT<client>_TMW’ RFC destination and function name ‘/SALM/CM_XLD_GET_TADIRS’.
- During this validation of the package of the object in the source system, error Distribution client package is not available in system SM_<SID>CLNT<client>_TMW
- 'RFC_ERROR' is triggering as the function module ‘/SALM/CM_XLD_GET_TADIRS’ not available in the Dev managed system.
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- Focused Build for SAP Solution Manager
Focused Build and Focused Insights 2.0 for SAP Solution Manager ; SAP Solution Manager 7.2
XLD Distribution, XLD Dist , KBA , SV-SMG-OST-FB-CME , Change Request Management Extensions , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.