Region of Birth for future-dated hire employee displays as a number in in Biographical Information portlet.
*Image/data in this KBA is from SAP Internal Systems, sample data, or Demo Systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.*
Employee Central, Biographical Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Add New Employee and create a future dated hire in France. Make sure that Region of Birth is populated.
- Go to the profile of the newly added future dated hire employee.
- Scroll down to Biographical Information. You will see that the Region of Birth is correctly populated.
- Edit and change the Region of Birth
- You will see that this time, it will display as number.
During setting region of birth field in Biographical info, it will use Today's job company info, while for future hires the 'today job' value is null, so it will not continue the following process to deal with region of birth picklist value.
This is the current behavior for the picklist of Region of Birth for further dated hires.
Region of Birth, France, picklist, empty picklist, Add New Employee, future hire, future dated hire, new hire, hire , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , Problem