System displays the Exception 'Determination of withholding tax code failed for country ABC tax event DEF ' (ABC represents the Country, DEF represents the Tax Event ID) in the Supplier Invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memo view.
- Search and open the respective Supplier Invoice.
- Click on the View All button.
- Go to the Exceptions tab.
There is one of more custom Withholding Tax Codes duplicated from an Standard Tax Code.
The Business ByDesign system does not support duplicate tax codes.
To resolve the issue of auto determination of the Withholding Tax Codes, kindly remove the duplicate z-tax codes from the system as per the following path:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the respective Implementation Project and click on Open Activity List button.
- Search and select the Activity 'Withholding Tax'.( select the one specific if exist for your tax country)
- Click on the Open button.
- Click on the 'Check withholding tax codes' link.
- Select the respective Z Tax Codes.
- Click on the Delete button.
Auto-determination will happen correctly once Withholding Tax Codes are consistent.
2019198 - Error Message : Determination Of Withholding Tax Code Failed for Country India Tax Event Withholding.
Withholding Tax Codes, Withholding Tax, Supplier Invoice , KBA , SRD-SRM-SI , Supplier Invoicing , How To