When trying to access certain SAP applications (such as SAP Download Manager) with your S-user ID and SAP Universal ID password, you cannot log on and see one of the following, or similar error messages:
- invalid credentials
- user authentication failed: unauthorized
- unable to verify username or password
- verify your SAP Support Portal logon credentials and try again
- Unable to read basket content. The basket content could not be read. Verify your SAP Support Portal login credentials and try again.
The issue may occur when using the following applications, but is not limited to:
- SAP Download Manager
- SAP applications installed locally on your device
- SAP Business Technology Platform command-line tools
- Cloud Connector of SAP BTP Connectivity: Set up Connection Parameters and HTTPS Proxy and Managing Subaccounts
- SAP Translation Hub
- Cloud Integration Message Endpoint (Runtime)
- other scenarios which don't use browser or are not based on SAML authentication (system to system, app to app authentication, other 3rd-party client tools, etc)
invalid credentials, uid, sap universal id, logon, login, password, s-user, download manager, btp , KBA , XX-SER-SAPSMP-SDM , SAP Support Portal - SAP Download Manager , BC-IAM-IDS , Identity Authentication Service , XX-SER-UID , SAP Universal ID , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.