This article explains the steps that Customers & Partners must take if you believe you have a Centralized Services issue.
This information is required by SAP Product Support to be able to review the Incident quickly, efficiently and engage with the right expert(s).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Centralized Services
If the checks are performed, you may be able to find out if the issue is being caused by Centralized Services or something else (data issue, configuration issue, expected behavior, other code defects, etc.). The following steps must be performed before submitting a case:
- Validate if it's an expected behavior by going to Help.SAP.com guide. Please refer to this blog for more details.
- Before creating cases for Centralized Services, please search for the term "CS2H2022" in Launchpad [or click here] to find full list of Centralized Services issues. Also, please refer the Known Issues KBA for this release. Please note that generally the Known Issues KBA is updated on Fridays only, hence it's advised to either search for the term "CS1H2022" in Launchpad for issue-specific KBAs. If the issue is already listed in the KBA, there's no need to report a case to SAP Support team. The Engineering team are already aware of this issue and they are working on a code fix. For updates on the fix, you can follow the KBA itself. Please read this KBA to know How to be notified of new or updated SAP Notes or KBAs.
Note: It's a Centralized Services issue if disabling the Centralized Services switch for the component in Company System and Logo Settings resolves the issue. You can disable the related switch as a work-around and you should enable the switch back once the issue is fixed. For such issues, cases should be created with Medium priority as there is a valid work-around. This article explains correct prioritization of Employee Central cases.
What Information Should be Provided in a Centralized Services Case?
- Company ID and Support Access [How to Grant Support Access to SuccessFactors Support Staff]. Please ensure that the Support Access is valid for at least 30 days.
- Before reproducing the issue, please set up the following log collectors in this order:
- Rule Trace: It is important we capture logs for all rules being triggered during the transaction that is failing: Kindly review and use this article to collect the Business Rule logs. Make sure you do not select any particular business rule when setting this up. Once enable this will remain enabled for 24 hrs.
- Service Layer logger: It is very important that we capture information from Centralized Services logs. This article explains how to enable the logger in your instance. Once enabled you will have 15 minutes to reproduce the issue before the logger is automatically disabled.
- If the issue is related to system performance due to Centralized Services [on the UI rather than imports/API transactions], please provide Httpwatch logs. This article explains how to fetch the logs. Please note, if the issue is related to import, Htttpwatch logs is not required.
Make sure you are ready to reproduce the issue once the Service Layer Logger is enabled, and take any timestamps (see below) during reproducing the issue.
- Detailed replication steps along with the following details:
- Logged in user and subject/test user details.
- Provide any user that does not have the issue (if possible).
- Please confirm whether the issue occurs when the feature switch for Centralized Services is enabled or disabled. (The switches are in Admin Center > Company System and Logo Settings)
- Screenshot of the Error Message of the error that you get when reproducing the issue. If you're getting an application error with an error id, please provide the complete error id from the error message.
- Show Version Information in the timestamp. This article explains how to fetch timestamps.
- If the issue occurs for imports, please provide the import file along with screenshot of the Monitor Jobs page from Admin Center highlighting the import Job Name and Submission Time. It'll help us to fetch relevant logs.
- Please provide the following details if the issue occurs for import:
- Does the issue occur for multiple records? If yes, please provide the file with multiple records.
- Does the issue occur for a single record? If yes, please provide the file with single record.
- Are we allowed to import the file for reproducing the issue?
- Confirm that SAP Product Support are authorized to replicate/reproduce the issue in the reported instance. It is important that the instance shared with support to reproduce the issue is a non-production instance, hence please provide the details accordingly.
Please note that SAP Product Support will never perform imports/make any data/configuration change in any instance without customer authorization - even for reproducing an error message. If we're not authorized to replicate the issue in any instance, please ensure to provide a short video clip showing the issue.
Which Component Should be Selected for a Centralized Services Case?
This KBA provides guidance on which component should be selected for Centralized Services cases. Please create separate cases for different issues even though they may seem to be related to Centralized Services; they may need investigations by different internal teams.
- How to Find SuccessFactors Product Version, Server, Timestamp and Release Details
- Business Rule Execution Log FAQ
- Service Layer Logger FAQ
- HTTPWatch for SuccessFactors | how to download, install and use the tool
- Centralized Services: Correct Components for Creating Support Cases
- Employee Central Centralized Services in Second Half 2022 (2H 2022) Release – Innovation Alert
- EC Centralized Services – Compensation Rule Behavior Change when Changing Recurring Pay Components
- Social Accounts Business Key Validation in Second Half 2022 - Get Your Data Ready Now
- Emergency Contacts Business Key Validation in Second Half 2022 - Get Your Data Ready Now
- Work Permit Validation Universally Applied First Half 2023 to include New Key Field – Innovation Alert Update
CSKBA2211, CSKBA2205, CSKBA2111, CS2H2022, CS2H2021, CS1H2022, CS, SL, Service Layer, Import, Ticket, Case, Required, Mandatory , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , How To