A user whenever trying to edit a value on a job requisition, an error shows up with errorMessage=Cannot read property 'getValue' of undefined.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Recruiting
- Open an existing job requisition
- Update one of the field
- *User will get the errorMessage=Cannot read property 'getValue' of undefined.
An OnChange business rule is being triggered by the change of the said field, which is assigning a value to one or more fields that the user do not have write permission.
As explained on the KBA 3005834 - OnChange Business Rule not Working for Read-Only Fields - Recruiting Management, for an OnChange business rule, it is required to have write permissions in the fields the rule is modifying in order for it to run. In this case, since there is no write permissions to these fields, an error come up on the screen. To rectify this issue, it will be required to grant write permissions in the Job Requisition XML template to the user triggering the rule to the fields that are being modified.
Here are a few tips to identify which rule is triggering the issue:
- Identify the business rule that is giving the error. You can do that by creating a rule trace, and/or if there are multiple rules linked in one specific field change, remove them and retain only 1 to identify if this rules is giving the error or not. Do this in other business rules as well just to be sure that they are also not causing the error. To create the rule trace, the instructions are given in this KBA: 2257064 - Employee Central - Business Rule Execution Log
- Once you identify the specific business rules that is giving the error, check the field reference in the IF and THEN statement if the user has permission. The user needs read/write permission if the reference field is in IF statement and write permission in THEN statement.
- If the user is not supposed to have permission of the target fields, you can use the Save Rules trigger instead in the Manage Rules in Recruiting.
2257064 - Employee Central - Business Rule Execution Log
3005834 - OnChange Business Rule not Working for Read-Only Fields - Recruiting Management
oninit, onchange, onsave, pre-approved, approved, closed, state, target roles. recruiter, hiring manager, originator, adhoc approver, errorMessage=Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'setValue') , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem