What proxy settings are required to access Time off and Time Sheet data?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Time Off
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Time Sheet
What's a Proxy?
- Proxy Management is used to define that an employee can perform tasks on behalf of another employee.
- Within the Proxy Management configuration it can be specified in detail, which proxy permissions are granted to the login user. This means you have to specify per user, if the user is allowed to proxy as someone else and with which permissions.
For more information, refer KBA 2088588 - Assigning or Acting as a Proxy
How to work with Proxy Management?
- Go to "Admin Center".
- Under Manage Employees, click "Proxy Management".
- In the Make Assignment section:
- Who will act as the proxy (username): Enter the username value of the user that will be allowed to proxy. You can use the auto complete values provided, or click on “Find user” to locate the desired user;
- What account holder will the proxy act on behalf of (username): Enter the username value of the user that will be allowed to proxy as. You can use the auto complete values provided, or click on “Find user” to locate the desired target user;
- Grant Proxy Rights: Grant rights to the following modules/tabs: Select the modules that you wish this proxy to have access to once proxying as the account holder.
- Optional: Set a date/time range for the proxy assignment. Select a Start date and time, an End date and time, or both.
- Note: Start and end times are based on the local time zone of the proxy administrator who sets them, as shown in Employee Central or on their employee profile.
- Click Save.
How to check existing proxy permissions?
Refer handbook Setting Up and Managing Proxy Access: Finding an Existing Proxy Assignment
For Time Management and Attendance, what are the proxy rights required to access the related pages by a proxy user?
Handbook: Implementing Employee Central Time Management - Proxy Management in Time Management
Note: These settings are valid from 1H 2021 P18.
- Employee Central V2 + Employee Profile (referred below as 'EC proxy flag')
- Private Data for Proxy Account Holder - part of "Employee Central V2 + Employee Profile" (referred below as 'Private data flag')
- Admin Tools
- Home Page Tab
- Login user = the user who is logged in and who acts on behalf of another employee.
- Account holder = the user on which the login user will act on behalf of.
For Employee Self Service (ESS) Scenarios
The Login user needs the "EC proxy flag" as well as the "Private data flag" to access all ESS screens(mentioned below) and the Home Page V3 Time Management tiles of the Account holder:
- Time Off ESS
- Time Sheet ESS
- Payout ESS
- Purchase ESS
- Team Absence Calendar
- Workbench for account holder
- Home Page V3
- "Home Page Tab" Permission is needed in addition to the access to Home Page V3 screen.
- People Profile - Time Section
For Time Admin Scenarios
The Login user needs the "EC proxy flag" to access all Time Admin screens(mentioned below) of the Account holder. The on behalf scenario excludes the Account holder himself:
- Time Sheet on behalf
- Workbench on behalf
- Payout on behalf
- Purchase on behalf
- Periodic Time Account Update
- Manage Clock In Clock Out
For Time Management Section In People Profile
- The login user needs the "EC proxy flag" & "Private data flag" to access the Time Management Section on the People Profile for the main account holder.
- The login user needs the "EC proxy flag" to access the Time Management Section on the People Profile any user different to the account holder.
For System Admin Scenarios
The Login user needs the "Admin Tools" flag to access all System Admin pages(mentioned below) related to Time Management that the Account holder has permission to:
- Manage Time Off Structures
- Manage Time Off Calendars
- Time Management Configurations Search
- Time Account Process Simulator
- Configure Clock In Clock Out
For Time Management Homepage Cards
- The approval card should always be shown when access to the home page is given
- The time off and team absence calendar quick cards should only be shown when the Employee Central V2 and Private Data flag are enabled
- The Time Off Engagement card should also only be shown when the Employee Central V2 and Private Data flag are enabled
If the login user has the role based permission(RBP) for "Proxy Management" (under Manage User -> Proxy Management), then the user is allowed to proxy as everyone in their target population with all permissions/access.
- For Home Page V4 proxy management is not yet supported.
Implementing Employee Central Time Management - Proxy Management in Time Management
2088588 - Assigning or Acting as a Proxy
2087311 - Proxy Management and Proxy Now - SuccessFactors HXM Suite
2087319 - Proxy Management: How to Grant Proxy Access to Multiple Users with the Employee Import - BizX Platform
Proxy, Proxy Management, Proxy as user, Time off, Time Sheet, Employee Central V2 + Employee Profile, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , How To