- Query references a view which select from a table with the same name and different owner.
- The query takes high cpu time (pss->pcpucur) and high memory pages from procedure cache memory pool (pss->pmemusage).
- Normal ‘kill spid’ doesn’t work, need to use force option ‘kill spid with force’.
- Drop and recreate the view may work again. May get into the problem again when reload database or ASE upgrade.
- Samples of ‘dbcc stacktrace(spid)’ for the looping process may include routine names: vu_viewcopy and memalloc.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 releases.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
CR825249, CR#825249, 825249, vu_viewcopy, infinite loop. , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.