- Tried to import the email address in the contact portlet of employee central for employees in bulk.
- The file is not loading and getting unknown error. Import will fail only when Import Action is done, not with validation. Done disabling centralized services, metadata refresh, splitting the file into smaller files/groups.
- Same happens when trying to update from UI, getting error - Unexpected failure.
- Only for Russian user (not for any other employee).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central: Personal Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Import Employee Data and choose Import Data
- Select the Email Information Entity
- Full or incremental load - both yield same results.
- Any description and apt file encoding.
- All import records fail with error.
- Update the one user in the attached file from the UI and getting error Unexpected failure
- Log Entry : HTTP status code: 401
- Getting 401 (Unauthorized) issue because of the mismatch in the secured Hash stored in RDC and GDC.
- While syncing Russian User data system validate secured Hash Stored in RDC vs GDC, if there is mismatch we get 401 unauthorized issue.
With help of your implementation consultant / SAP Support:
- Go to provisioning page.
- In the provisioning page, need to go to the Company Settings.
- Disable and Enable check-box of Reside PII in Russia field.
- Give a new API secret key as per your convenience and save it completely in Company Settings.
- Try to create or import the user through the application.
2507071-Employee Central - Email Info HRIS Sync
email import, Unexpected failure, error, unknown error, system administrator, email information, import, Russian , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-PER-EML , Email Info - Config, Rules, RBP, UI , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions