- An employee was terminated and later rehired, but the Termination Date is still showing Job Information records added after the employee has become active.
- The Termination Date should have been set to blank again.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Terminate an employee. In this example, the Termination Date is Jan 02, 2021:
- Rehire the employee using Rehire Inactive Employee;
- Observe that all records since Termination still have Termination Date populated. It was not reset to blank/null value.
This is the expected behavior.
This field is not cleared. Once an employee is terminated, this field is filled with the effective start date of the termination record. If the employee is rehired, the value is kept until the next termination takes place. Then the value is updated with the effective start date of the new termination record.
Termination Date, termination-date, not cleared, blank, null, reset, still showing, rehire, rehired, active, forward propagation, reactivated , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-JOB-UI , History UI & MSS UI , Problem