- After upgrading the BI system to a higher SP, the version management system seems to be broken.
- While the VMS version of the objects seem to be maintained, the CMS versions seem to all be reset to 0.
- Nothing can be checked into VMS if the VMS version number is higher than the CMS version. If the items have never been checked out before and both items are 0, then the items can be checked out. Items can also be currently retrieved from VMS but they have the potential to override more updated objects (since the CMS version is showing 0).
- Tried following note 2031741 to synchronize the versions but getting error
- "The working copy at 'x\y\checkout\z...' is too old (format 10) to work with client version '1.14.0' (expects format 31). you need to upgrade the working copy first"
- Based on this version management blog, tried to update subversion using the command:
svn update svn://localhost:3690/svn_repository “Install_Dir>\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\CheckOut\BIPW08R2B6400\WORKSPACE”
- But the update resulted in a similar error-
Updating '\\<parent folders>\checkout\servernameB6400\WORKSPACE':
svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command
svn: E155036: The working copy at '\\<parent folders>\checkout\servernameB6400\WORKSPACE\...objectcuidhere...'
is too old (format 10) to work with client version '1.14.0 (r1876290)' (expects format 31). You need to upgrade the working copy first.
- SAP BI Platform 4.2 SP09 Patch 1 (upgraded from 4.2 SP7 Patch 13)
- Servers: Windows 2016 OS
- Database: Oracle 19
- Apache Subversion
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.3
version management VMS subversion out of sync errors version upgrade update , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.