When changing a .codelist description entry in the SAP Cloud Applications Studio and activating the file, the previous description is kept.
Also, the Delete All button makes no effect to the entries.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the Studio.
- Open the affected solution.
- Open the .codelist file and make a change into the description of any value and save.
- When closing and opening the file again, the changes are not reflected.
- The entries are not deleted when clicking on the Delete All button as well.
The Delete All button is only supported for a .codelist file which is created within the same patch version.
Once you change the description of the value, you can be clicking on any other field so that an asterisk (*) appears next to the .codelist tab name at the top, to indicate that the file is dirty. After that, you can save and activate.
Also, in such where the codelist values need to be updated regularly, you can be creating a configurable code list instead.
Please refer to this blog post: Two approaches to create Code List in Cloud Studio and to the SAP Help Portal documentation: Configurable Code Lists
PDI, SDK, BC, BCO, value, row, key , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-1O , ByDesign Studio OneOffs , AP-RC-BDS-BC , ByDesign Studio Business Configuration , How To