After creating a custom approval process on your add-on within the SAP Cloud Applications Studio and then clicking on the Submit for Approval button on the UI, the below errors are shown:
- Task type exists with instantiation lock
- Process definition exists with configuration error
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
This issue occur when there is a change in the design time data in the approval process related files. In order to keep data consistent, approval task type is "Instantiation locked" until the changes are deployed into the solution profile workspace.
You can be resolving the issue by following either of the opstions below:
1. To update the solution workspace when opening the tenant's Implementation Project or by deploying Business Configuration for the solution on the Studio.
2. If this does not fix this issue then please try to cross check if the solution is completely scoped on this tenant.
3. If it is scoped, please descope it and scope again. (be aware of consequences which are stated on CAS help portal when descoping it).
YXXXXXX_AXXX_AXX, SDK, PDI, BTM, approved, rejected, in, revision, task, type, exists, with, instantiation, lock, process, definition , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-BTM , ByDesign Studio Business Task Management , How To