Error 'Budget not available for Budget Category ABC Cost Center DEF Fund GHI Function JKL' While Creating Purchase Orders.
(ABC represents the ID of the Budget Category, DEF represents the ID of the Cost Center, GHI represents the ID of the Fund and JKL represents the ID of the Function).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Search and open the respective Purchase Order.
- Click the View All button.
- Click the Check button.
See the error 'Budget not available for Budget Category ABC Cost Center DEF Fund GHI Function JKL'.
The budget is not available for Budget Category ABC, Cost Center DEF, Fund GHI, Function JKL.
In the report "Planning Object - Plan/Release/Actual/Forecast", it is possible to check the current budget.
To see this information in the report, please execute the following steps:
1. Go to the Business Analytics work center.
2. Go to the Design Report view.
3. Search and open the "Planning Object - Plan/Release/Actual/Forecast" report.
4. Enter the respective Budget Category.
5. Execute the Report.
6. Click the View button.
7. In the Column Fields, add the Key Figure 'Release - (Actual + Forecast )'
Report displays the actual budget.
The formula used for calculating available budget is the following:
Available budget = Release YTP - Actuals YTP - Forecast YTP.
The actuals is the budget consumed already, release is the budget released for consumption and forecast is generally the Purchase Orders already created but have no Goods and Services Receipt or Supplier Invoice posted yet.
This is the expected system behavior.
Active Budget Control Adoption in Supplier Relationship Management for the Public Sector Edition
Budget; Purchase Order; Budget Category; Budget not available for Budget Category; Cost Center; , KBA , AP-ACC-PUR , Purchase Ledger Account , How To