When creating an Intercompany Journal Entry Voucher, you add two companies from different countries and notice that it is only possible to select Tax Codes for the same country as Leading Company.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Intercompany Journal Entry Vouchers view.
- Click on the New button, then select IC Journal Entry Voucher.
- Click on the Add Row button.
- Add a company from a different country than Leading Company.
- For the second company, expand the dropdown menu from the Tax Code field.
System shows only Tax Codes for the same country as Leading Company.
This is the expected system behavior. The overall idea behind documents that facilitate the posting of Receivables and Payables, in this case the IC Journal Entry Voucher, is to have the prima nota (i.e. Source Document) only be posted in leading the company.
For taxes it is expected that the use cases are simple and hence only taxes for one country are supported, in this case, the Leading Company.
As a workaround for this scenario, you can create a Customer and also Supplier Invoices between partner companies. This way, you will get all the all the flexibility and also the possibility of posting taxes accordingly.
IC Journal Entry Voucher, intercompany, Tax Code, Leading Company , KBA , AP-DUE , Due Item Processing , How To