- When trying to Import LOA absences for consecutive dates, an Error message comes up as below :
A leave of absence record has been recorded already starting on <Date>. Please delete that leave of absence record and enter the actual return date. Then create the leave of absence record on <Date> again.
- The UI does allow the user to record one absence after another but when multiple leave records for successive date intervals are imported at one, the error comes up as indicated above.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to import and Export data -> EmployeeTime Import
- Notice that the Error message indicated above is returned
This is an expected behavior.
- It is always recommended to complete an LOA before the Next LOA starts. So the previous LOA return date should one day before next LOA Start date.
- Since Start LOA and Return LOA have different employee status values linked to them, this might introduce some data inconsistencies while Importing
- So the product team has introduced a validation check to avoid LOA and RLOA being created in the system on the same day.
- The recommendation is to set Actual return date one day before the start date of Another Start LOA record or club both the LOAs together.
- LOA is meant for Long leave duration, instead of creating multiple LOAs, it is always recommended to create a long LOA to avoid such issues.
Time off Implementation guide : https://help.sap.com/doc/792c74c0baa54438bafbdb0a7edbfafe/LATEST/en-US/baad6b8787ed4b8f9874d0fad13f24a5.pdf
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-ABS , Absence error's - Calculations, Deductions, TT&ET , Problem