In Application Design, it is possible for users to have "Invisible Charts" if they:
- Configure different Charts to appear in TabStrips which show the visible charts on the active Tabstrip and hide charts that are on the inactive Tabstrip
- Launch Charts within Pop-ups
- Enable or disable the visiblility of Charts on the fly - via the setVisible() API
The current behaviour for each of the 3 scenarios is the following:
- Only charts in a visible tabstrip participate in Chart Scaling, when you switch tabstrips, the charts that were visible no longer participate and the charts that become visible now participate. This means that effectively, the tabstrip behaves analogous to a page, although any charts outside of the tabstrips that scale on the same measure will be affected by changing the active tab.
- When a pop-up containing charts is launched, the charts that are now visible will participate in scaling. This means that charts 'behind' the pop-up could be scaled with the other visible charts behind the modal
- When a chart that was hidden - setVisible(false) becomes visible, this Chart will now participate in Chart Scaling with any other visible Charts that share the same scaled measure. Once the visible chart is hidden, the Chart Scaling will be updated to reflect the scaling without the previously visible Chart
- When a chart has APIs that do not trigger the Chart Scaling to automatically invoke - e.g., setDimensionFilter() - which will require that Chart.refreshData() is explicitly called to ensure that the Chart Scaling is notified that it should update the Chart.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.14.12
Chart Scaling was designed to adjust the axis density of each measure for supported chart types that consume this measure on an in-context axis. The axis density is computed by taking the largest data range and dividing by rendered axis width or height (depending on whether the chart is in horizontal or vertical mode).
Charts are only scaled together on the same page and only with the measure combinations that specified in the Chart Scaling panel.
If the chart is not rendering correctly when affected by Chart Scaling you can opt out particular charts from Chart Scaling or constrain Chart Scaling to apply to only certain charts by using one or both of the following options:
- If various charts should be scaled together but a few should opt-out, then consider using the 'Break Scale' option for that Chart to not participate in Chart Scaling
- If a dual axis chart needs to scale only with itself, then wrap the measures within a Story calculation and scale the two Story calculations together in the Chart Scaling panel. This will insulate the Chart from affecting scaling changes in the rest of the Analytic App
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-AD , Analytics Designer , Problem