When creating a custom MDF object in SuccessFactors, and the desire is to have the portlet in employee profile respect the RBP permissions currently assigned to users.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
1. Log in with the support user.
2. Proxy to a user in a permission group that currently has the permission in place.
3. Confirm only one record is available when accessing the MDF object via the Manage Data transaction.
4. Navigate to the people profile of another user and scroll down to the associated portlet.
5. Here, create a new record for the portlet.
6. For the field associated with the MDF object, select the associated value. This will display a field box below.
7. In the field box, all values for the RBP permission are shown. According to the RBP restrictions in the granting role only single record should be visible.
This is expected behavior due to current instance configuration.
- With the assistance of your Implementation Partner, access the associated instance's Provisioning > Company Settings
- Enable the Enable RBP Target Criteria for Value Help (Only for fields with data type Generic Object) switch:
- When completed, try again to replicate the issue.
- Notice the portlet is now displaying the correct response according to the current RBP permissions set.
sf, Success Factors, Metadata Frame Work, MDF, Employee Profile, Custom, Portlet, Manage Data, RBP, role-based, Permission , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-RBP , RBP Permissions on Objects , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem