You notice that, after replicating a Service Ticket to S4 or Field Service Management (FSM) system, in case a field e.g. Subject, has & in it's content / value, the value amp; will be suffixed to it in the XML / Payload.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Service work center.
- Navigate to Tickets work center view.
- Open any Ticket.
- See the ticket subject is, for example, Test&Test.
- Click Actions.
- Click either Release to ERP or Release to FSM.
- Save the changes.
- Navigate to Administrator work center.
- Navigate to Web Service Message Monitoring work center view.
- Filter for the outgoing message related to your ticket.
- Click View.
- Click Payload.
- See the following <TicketSubject languageCode="EN">Test&Test</TicketSubject> is sent to S4 / FSM, when you would expect <TicketSubject languageCode="EN">Test&Test</TicketSubject>
The data from Cloud for Customer system is sent out in XML format, and the amp; is added suffixed to the & as part of the XML conversion, so it can be a valid XML format.
In case this was not suffixed, the data would not have a valid XML format as it would have issues while performing the conversion.
This is the system expected behavior.
XML, XML Format, Conversion, Payload, Outgoing, Message, Web Service Message Monitoring, C4C, FSM, S4, Release to FSM, Release to ERP, &, amp;, suffixed, Service, Ticket, Service Request, , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To