When initiating Onboarding from a Requisition, system throws an error:
"Unable to initiate onboarding process. Reason: Conflicting mapping found for fields [XXX]. Ensure these fields are mapped only in one entity in admin tools.' [Integration with RCM]"
However, inside "Set Up Onboarding 1.0 Integration" and Onboarding Dictionary the field does not shows to be related with any Recruiting entity.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Recruiting and open a Requisition;
- Try to initiate Onboarding for one Candidate;
- Receive the error saying that there is a duplicated field;
- Go to "Set Up Onboarding 1.0 Integration" and see that the field cannot be found to be mapped.
The respective field was only directly removed from Onboarding Dictionary, which does not reverse the mapping; from the back-end, the field still mapped. Since the unmapping was not done completely, if the field was removed on this way from one entity and later directly added again straight to a different entity, system considers that the field still present in more than one entity.
The removal cannot be done directly from Onboarding Dictionary. In order to achieve the unmap, it is necessary first to reverse the mapping of the field from "Set Up Onboarding 1.0 Integration":
- Open "Set Up Onboarding 1.0 Integration" and select the respective Entity you want to change the map. In this example, it will be the field "Hiring Manager" from Requisition entity:
- Change the current value to "No selection" and save:
- After saving it, system will update the information from the backend, removing completely the mapping between ONB and RCM fields. Hence, it is possible to map the field to another entity that no error will happen.
Note: If the field was only added for one entity inside Onboarding Dictionary, you can remove it and add again to RX Folder; see KBA 2292073 - A new field not visible in Onboarding Integration setup - Onboarding 1.0 that contains all the steps documented of how to do it.
onboarding mapping, recruiting onboarding, field missing, duplicated field onboarding, onboarding 1.0, error initiating onboarding, "Unable to initiate onboarding process. Reason: Conflicting mapping found for fields . Ensure these fields are mapped only in one entity in admin tools.' [Integration with RCM]" , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-OBD , Onboarding , Problem