- You want to delete/edit a shared variant created before 2108 upgrade in Q-system.
- You want to delete/edit a shared variant created before 2108 upgrade in P-system.
S/4HANA Cloud 2108
From 2108 release on, we have improved the behavior of shared variants with a clear seperation of "public" variants and "key-user" variants.
- "Public" variants: shared by end user and do not get transported to other system
- Key-user variants: created by Key User and can be transported to other systems
The existing shared variants (before 2108) in P-system are considered as public variants and can be modified/deleted from end user mode while the existing shared variants in Q system are consisered as key user variants and can be modified/deleted in UI Adaptation mode only (access through Adapt UI icon in FLP me area for Keyuser).
This also includes that a UI reset in UI Adaptation starting with release 2108 also deletes all key user views (which was not the case in preceeding releases).
Variants created before 2108 upgrade
- End user cannot delete the variants
- Key user has to go into Adapt UI mode and remove the variant
- If the variant was created in P-system, the variant can be edited/deleted by end user(creator) or key user, only if the UI5FLEX_ENABLE_VARIANTS setting is public.
- If the variant was created in Q-system and transported to P-system, the variant cannot be edited/deleted by end user(creator). Instead, key user has to go into Adapt UI mode in Q-system, remove/edit the variant and transport it again to P-system
> Creating and Adapting Views
> Manage Launchpad Settings > UI5FLEX_ENABLE_VARIANTS
UI5FLEX, variant, 2108, S/4HANA Cloud, Extensibility, Adapt UI, UI Adaption, UI5, flexibility , KBA , CA-UI5-FL , Flexibility Infrastructure , Problem