- A client application is receiving an error "Error converting client characters into server's character set. Some character(s) could not be converted.".
- The error is triggered by use of a special character which was entered by the client application.
- This application uses Unicode (UTF-8/UTF-16 ) character set and sort order.
- ASE server’s default charset is roman8 and the default sort order is nocase_roman8.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- JDBC driver for Sybase from JTDS (http://jtds.sourceforge.net/index.html)
charset, conversion, sp_helpsort, syscharsets, 2403 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.