You have created a Down Payment Request with Sales Order Reference using webservice, and after releasing the Down Payment Request, the Reference ID field is blank.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
To find the webservice:
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Service Explorer view.
- Search for the web service ManageDownPaymentCustomerInvoiceRequestIn.
- Select the button Download WSDL to download the WSDL file for the webservice.
Using a third party tool like SOAPUI, run the Request Payload:
- Log in to the SOAPUI tool
- Select File -> New SOAP Project.
- In the Initial WSDL field, browse for the downloaded WSDL file for ManageDownPaymentCustomerInvoiceRequestIn.
- Select Request 1.
- Paste the Request payload.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Auth (Basic).
- Provide the relevant credentials and the domain.
- Run the Request Payload.
To check the Down Payment Request in the system:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Search and open the previously created Down Payment Request.
See that field Reference ID is filled with the Sales Order Reference ID.
Now you follow the same steps to release the Down Payment Request using webservice, and after checking in the system the field Reference ID is now empty.
The issue is caused by the use of both SalesOrderReference and ExternalReferenceID in the payload. Both these tags are related to the same node in the BO, and hence it causes an inconsistency. Please note also that if you send only SalesOrderReference tag, BuyerParty tag must appear in the Payload, otherwise the same error will happen.
If you want to have the Down Payment to be associated to the Sales Order, Please use the SalesOrderReference tag only. This would be similar to the Create Down Payment button that would be seen in the UI of the Sales Order.
Down Payment Request, SalesOrderReference, Reference ID, reference, empty, blank, release, Payload , KBA , SRD-CRM-INV , Customer Invoicing , How To