When trying to approve an new hire via Manage Pending Hires or through the approval tile the user received an error message similar to the following.
- FingerPrint: f261e12fc3c857d46264096268cd0bb075f2c19e
- ChangeSet Index 1 - Error While Updating updateCandBackgroundWithSuccession for candidate: (candidate ID)
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting management
The following could be the cause of the issue.
- The candidate has not filled in the required field of the background element.
- Mismatch between the Succession Data Model and the Candidate Profile template where it is required in one template and not in the other.
- Mismatch in the configuration of the max-length in the Succession Data Model.
The possible resolutions
- Ask the candidate to provide the candidate profile to fill in the background elements.
- Correct the Candidate Profile Template and the succession data model so that both fields are Required=true or Required=False
- Correct the length in the Succession Date Model.
f261e12fc3c857d46264096268cd0bb075f2c19e; ChangeSet Index 1 , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-MPH , Manage Pending Hire , Problem