When trying to access the Time Sheet UI of an employee, the following error occurs:
The time sheet period is currently being rebuilt. Please try again later.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central: Time Sheet
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate through the employee’s Time Sheet UI in a particular week
- See the error: “The time sheet period is currently being rebuilt. Please try again later.”
- The Time Sheet UI of the affected week will not load
This issue can happen due two main causes:
Time recording profile assigned to the employee was changed, and the start day of the week have been changed between these time recording profiles.
This causes inconsistencies in the system due to the presence of a Time Sheet as per the old first day of week after the effective date of the change.
In the system, already exist Time Sheets before the actual employee’s hire date.
This scenario usually happens when the employee was initially hired, and a Time Sheet was recorded. Then, the hire date is moved to the future, and the inconsistency scenario is created.
For cause 1:
Time Sheets as per the old start day of week (on or after the effective date of the change of the time recording profile change in job information portlet) must be deleted. Refer to the documentation guide: Changing the First Day of the Time Sheet Week.
After that correction, a Time Sheet in the same period can be recorded. If the steps from the article do not work for you, you can alternatively follow the below steps
- Change the Time Recording Profile for the first day of the week. If this is not possible, 2 time sheets will be generated by the system after which you can move to step 2
2. Delete the Time Sheet generating the error
3. Generate the Time Sheet using Time Management Recalculation Event
4. Check your Time Sheet and adjust data where necessary
5. Approve the Time Sheet via manage data or import
For cause 2:
The Time Sheets that exist before the employee’s hire date must be deleted.
Time Recording profile; Job Info; Start day of week; The time sheet period is currently being rebuilt. Please try again later; Time Sheet , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS-DAT , Data - Import, API, External, Deletion, Audit , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , Problem