When admin use Copy timeslot to create multiple timeslots for a class agenda and create time slots for multiple days duration daylight saving time period, system generates segments with different start time.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Login into Learning administration
- Set admin time-zone preference as Central Standard Time (America / Chicago) (as an example)
- Make sure to have "Always Display Classes in This time-zone" setting checked in Admin preferences
- Create ILT item with 1 day agenda
- Create class for the item. Make sure to have start date just before day light saving time change. For example, start date is November 4, 2021.
- Start time is 9 AM and time zone is Central Standard Time (America / Chicago)
- Go to Class agenda and click on Copy timeslot
- Copy timeslot to get 4 copies
- Notice start time of the time slot changes to 8 AM instead of 9 AM after daylight saving time changes
- This is product defect.
- Application was copying UTC time as is from the source schedule. Hence, for the schedule that was copied falls just before DST time change, the next schedule had this 1 hour gap.
- Instead UTC time was converted into schedule defined time and then converted back into UTC time to store into the database.
Coding logic has been corrected to resolve the issue. Issue will be fixed in b2111 release.
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, LRN-121679, timezone, DST, class, agenda, Central Standard Time (America / Chicago) , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Class - Scheduled Offerings , Known Error